First day of spring in rhine-main-region, germany today. After a short testing period, I installed the rail joint controller at its final postion. The power supply is simply taken from the rails. The other two cables are connected to the joints – one for each joint. The case is completely water proof. The cables are hidden by some gravel. I fixed the case beside the rails, fixed to the stone below by using some silicone.
So no long cables have to be laid to a central control point somewhere in the garden. Digging in the garden is now able to be done without any risk of damaging one the of the cables.